Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mariah Carey Gives Drunk Acceptance Speech At Palm Springs International Film Festival


Mariah Carey was honored at the 2010 Palm Springs International Film Festival's Gala Dinner on Tuesday (January 5) for her performance in the drama, "Precious", but she seemed a little tipsy during her speech.

According to Rap-Up.com, she stepped on stage to accept the award for Breakthrough Actress and the pop diva was drunk? (Check out the video of her speech below)

"Please forgive me because I'm a little bit..." she trailed off before someone in the audience shouted, "Wasted!" to which she replied, "Yeah."

Actor Sean Penn was next to take the stage, making light of Carey's speech at her expense.

"I plan to do this (presenting an award) in absolute sobriety, forgive me if I squeak," Penn said.

Others couldn't help but comment. Writer/director Diablo Cody took to her Twitter account to express her amusement.

"Mariah Carey just gave the most awesome acceptance speech," Cody tweeted."Someone else will probably describe it better than I can. Wow."

According to FoxNews.com's Pop Tarts blog, Carey said before the show that she refuses to acknowledge turning 41 this March. Maybe this was a way to hang on to her youth?

"I don't have birthdays, I have anniversaries," Carey explained. "So that's the really interesting thing because people ask me what is the secret for eternal youth, this guy asked me the other day. I said, 'just pretend you’re 12.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment